As an elopement who adores Iceland, I understand the appeal of this beautiful country as a destination for elopements. With its stunning landscapes, unique natural features, and peaceful atmosphere, Iceland is an ideal location for couples seeking an intimate and unforgettable wedding experience. If you’re considering eloping in Iceland, here are my best tips for planning your perfect elopement, including travel advice, accommodations, activities to do, and the best places to elope.
I wanted to go ahead and write a blog on where to get started when you are looking to elope and if you are considering Iceland. Let’s GOOOO!!!
TRAVEL TIPS FOR YOUR ICELAND ELOPEMENT:
- Make sure to check the weather forecast before your trip as Iceland’s weather can be unpredictable.
- Renting a car is highly recommended as it gives you the freedom to explore Iceland’s stunning scenery at your own pace.
- Pack appropriate clothing for the weather and outdoor activities, including waterproof and warm layers.
- Consider hiring a local guide for your elopement to help with logistics and ensure you’re in the best locations for photos.
- Iceland has a variety of accommodations to suit different budgets and preferences, from cozy guesthouses to luxury hotels.
- Consider staying in a location that’s convenient for exploring the areas where you want to elope.
- Some popular areas for accommodations include Reykjavik, Vik, and the Golden Circle.
ACTIVITIES TO CONSIDER:
- Iceland is known for its outdoor activities, including hiking, glacier walks, and hot springs.
- Take a dip in the Blue Lagoon, a geothermal spa with crystal clear blue water and stunning views.
- Go on a glacier hike or ice cave tour to experience the unique beauty of Iceland’s glaciers up close.
- Explore Iceland’s many waterfalls, including Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss.
- Take a Northern Lights tour to see the stunning aurora borealis light up the sky.
ELOPEMENT LOCATION IDEAS
- Seljalandsfoss: This waterfall is not only beautiful but also offers a unique opportunity to get married behind the waterfall.
- Skaftafell National Park: This park offers stunning glacier views and is a popular location for elopements and wedding photos.
- Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon: This breathtaking lagoon is filled with icebergs and offers a stunning backdrop for your elopement.
- Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach: This dramatic black sand beach is lined with towering basalt columns and offers a unique location for your elopement.
In conclusion, eloping in Iceland can be a magical and unforgettable experience. By following this guide, you can make the most of your trip with the best travel advice, accommodations, activities, and locations to elope. And with Iceland’s stunning natural beauty, you’re sure to have breathtaking photos that you’ll treasure for a lifetime.